Pre-Kindergarten (4 - 5 years)
Dawn of Discovery offers a well-rounded Pre-Kindergarten Program to prepare children for Kindergarten.
Each day your child will partake in key elements that contribute to Kindergarten Readiness.
- EZ Write Handwriting Curriculum-- We introduce this in our Preschool Program and continue through our Pre-Kindergarten Program. We ensure the eight basic strokes are taught to form letters and numbers.
- Creative Curriculum-- We provide an enhanced curriculum that guarantees your child meets all the cognitive, emotional, motor, and social skills.
- Daily Opportunities—We make sure your child is provided individual learning times as well as group learning times. We incorporate literacy, science, social studies, mathematics, and the arts all as part of daily curriculum.
- Emotional and Social Skills—At Dawn of Discovery we provide time for play for children to develop the skills to get along with others, play, share, take turns and participate in activities. Curiosity and interest in learning is significant in a child’s learning experience.
- Motor Skills—Our Pre-Kindergartners are able to master skills like using scissors properly and holding a pencil correctly to draw and color, beyond simple scribbles.
- Work Skills— It is extremely important for children to learn skills such as waiting and staying on task. We understand these work skills and strive to incorporate these goals throughout the year. We stress the importance of keeping hands, arms, and feet to ourself when working and playing with others.
- Cognitive Skills—Dawn of Discovery believes in children learning and retaining materials that are required in Kindergarten. We want our Pre-Kindergartners to be able to recognize their name and letters in their own name as well as recognize letters of the alphabet. We work really hard on being able to write the letters of the alphabet and first and last names by Kindergarten.
Ms. Cat comes to teach yoga, incorporating different themes and crafts through movement and relaxation!
Contact us today to schedule a tour or to learn more about the preschool care services Dawn of Discovery offers to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro area!
My girls and I all love Dawn of Discovery. My toddler comes homes and talks about all her teachers, and what she does during the day. I love all the art she bring home. Along with the great teachers and staff the Daily connect app has been a great thing to have with my baby as well, took away all the nerves of returning to work. The kids learn so much here they are going to be way ahead when it's time to head off to school.